Modern applications with complex business logic and ever growing processed data amounts pose a technological challenge to database engines in their backend.
Development of a high-performance database leveraging application functionality requires special knowledge, techniques and software engineering skills. Blackmount employs highly qualified staff to accomplish transformation of your business requirements into physical database design:
- Proficient software and database architects
- Experienced SQL developers
- Developers experienced in persistence frameworks and custom ORM programming
- Information security professionals
- Specialized database QA team
Such a comprehensive coverage allows Blackmount to make a database a solid foundation of a web application powering its functionality and integration capabilities, efficiently supporting application workflows and data manipulation and serving as a valuable business intelligence data source.
Blackmount database development experience includes dealing with both structured and unstructured data.
What We Do
In addition to regular database development as part of almost any web application development project, Blackmount offers a set of targeted database design and development services:
Database Optimization and Refactoring
If your database has critical performance issues or lacks interoperability and scalability, Blackmount is the right choice to resolve such issues and eliminate bottlenecks. Our services include:
- Database testing
- Improvements implementation
- Complete database refactoring
- Database Migration
To minimize production downtime and avoid legacy system migration issues, Blackmount offers to use full-cycle database migration services. We apply our database development skills to effectuvely establish the target database and utilize data connectors, ETL tools and manual scripting for data migration.
In such cases Blackmount proposes the following database migration process:
- Migration planning
- Target database preparation
- Migration testing/Simulation
- Data migration
- Data consistency and integrity verification
Ifllexion is experienced in developing configurable one-way and bidirectional data connectors enabling data exchange, mapping and synchronization across various technology platforms, databases and business applications. Through our expertise we accomplish the following major objectives:
- Extend software capabilities and add value by integrating with popular web services and SaaS products like Salesforce or Amazon Web Services.
- Interconnect line-of-business applications to achieve straight through processing, avoid manual iterations and automate data verifications. The result is complete support of transparent and smooth business workflows and result driven Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence Databases
Building business intelligence solutions shifts our database development focus to the following areas:
- Data mining
- ETL execution
- Embedding data quality management procedures
- OLAP cubes development
- KPIs calculation
A typical task for Blackmount is to organize aggregated and consistent data marts and BI-ready infrastructure, visualize their output effectively and make them accessible for decision-makers through a web interface.
Blackmount puts emphasis on database security, protecting sensitive data and providing easy user access management. Blackmount delivers:
- Database roles and security schema planning
- User authentication and authorization procedures
- Secure database connections
- Data encryption
- Security standards compliance
- Database audit and vulnerability assessment
We are experienced in building high-performance databases requiring highly productive architecture and topology, finely tuned indexing, queries and transactions, as well as special techniques for data clustering, caching, load balancing, etc.
Such demanding databases are always needed for web applications that focus on online data processing and handle huge volumes of structured/unstructured data. Great examples are content distribution and news portals, payment gateways, web 2.0 solutions and social networks.
ETL and Data Quality Management
From a business perspective, a productive efficient databse is one that contains and manipulates well-structured, actual and consistent data. Blackmount pays great attention to ETL process and data cleansing, normalization and mapping. To accomplish these tasks, we utilize a number of open-source and proprietary data extraction and transformation tools, like Talend solutions and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services.
Order Database Development
To start discussing your needs in database development, optimization or maintenance, simply post a request. Our team will get in touch with you within one business day or earlier.